Friday, September 4, 2009

Hannah starts school

We have been talking about homeschooling when Hannah gets to that age but I have been working with her since the very beginning. She knows her colors, shapes, animals and sounds, numbers, alphabet and the sounds they make.... for starters. We have recently started working on how letters together make words and so here she is with her new words on the fridge. I'm so proud of her and how many words she can recognize.

She has also been very interested in learning how to write the letters so we have been tracing and learning how to hold a pen/pencil/marker etc.

She attends a pre-school in Sand Springs two days a week and just started last Thursday. Here she is ready to go showing off her back pack and lunch bag. A lot of the things that they are learning in class right now she already knows. For example, this month is the color orange and the shape circle. She's known these for a year and a half now! However, playing with other kids and being comfortable in a group setting, following rules, sharing toys etc, are some things that I just can't teach at home. She is enjoying her new teachers, Ms. Lisa and Ms. Denise and is already participating in all activities there. Last year it took her a good month before joining in.



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Amy she is just too adorable! She is so grown up! I know how proud you must be of all her wonderful accomplishments! I am nervous about homeschooling but we have talked about that too! I guess I just dont feel qualified...eventhough I should since I am the Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel qualified either! :-)

    ReplyDelete