Saturday, September 5, 2009

Gabriel's First Cereal

So, the time has come to start solids with Gabey! He is 5 months, 1 week already. At 4 months his pedi said to start cereal any time but I didn't feel that he was quite there yet. So I've been waiting and watching for readiness. Lately he has been grabbing anything that I pick up, especially food or cups. I have let him 'drink' water from a cup and he loves it. The water doesn't really stay in his mouth or get to his tummy but he has fun trying. He watches us very intently whenever we eat and will take a spoon in his mouth - to chew on :-) This week I've felt like he was ready and waited for this morning so that James could be here for it too. Kudos to James for getting great pictures and a good video...

Here's Gabey with the very first spoonful of Earth's Best whole grain rice cereal!

Incoming....

It's there....

And... it comes back out!


"Yay for me!"




Just wants to play with the spoon...


And the video of his first cereal....

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I remember having to hold the girls' hands down when we fed them too. They wanted to touch the spoon..now they prefer the fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH I LOVE IT! He did so good Amy! He is such a sweetheart! Good work on the pics and video they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! Can you beleive with all the kiddos we have cereal trained..this is the one Daddy-duty Charlie refuses to participate in? For real...he hates seeeing babies roll cereal around with their tongues and get all squishy faced. Change a blwon out diaper? NO PROBLEM! Feed a baby some teaspoons of ceral ?? OH NO...call me when its comin' out the other end, and I 'll be back was his battle cry! Never bothered the Mamma!!!

    ReplyDelete