Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Week Fun

James had 9 days off over the Thanksgiving weekend and it was wonderful to have that time with him at home. We have so many things to be thankful for this year. Our Lord and Savior, family, kids, friends, house, food, James' job, the ability to stay at home with my babies, our animals.....and the list goes on and on! My goal is to teach Hannah and Gabriel to celebrate all year long and not just on one day. Being thankful to our Heavenly Father for all He has blessed us with and continues to do for us.

On Monday we went to the Tulsa zoo. It was the first time for Gabriel to go and the first time for James to go with us too! Hannah has been several times with me.



The Rhinos




"Miracle Cats" ie Meercats





Watching monkeys....



One of Hannah's favorites - the flamingos!



It was suppose to be 68 and sunny but for the first half of the time we were there it was windy and cloudy so Hannah was bundled in a blanket





Watching lion cubs...they were playing with a ball until in fell in the moat and they looked longingly at it for a while and then just laid down.





Hannah's absolute favorite were the zebras! We had to go see them first even though they are at the back of the zoo. She was wearing her "zebra shirt" and was very proud of it. All the zebra were hiding when we took the picture though!



Since it's off season at the zoo none of the food places were open so we stopped at Sonic on the way home. While we were waiting Hannah entertained Gabriel....




THANKSGIVING DAY

My mom flew in on Thanksgiving day to spend the week in preparation for my sister's wedding. I made a TG dinner and had a great time but missed my dad and older sister who couldn't be with us.

Gabriel's first Thanksgiving dinner! He had sweet potatoes :-)



After dinner Hannah was playing on the computer.... this is her intense, concentrating face... :-)


Playing with clay!



Enjoying the sunny weather on Saturday



We were sad when James' vacation ended but we had a great week and look forward to another 10 days off during Christmas/New Years!



2 comments:

  1. Okay I love the pics but my FAV is the video of Hannah entertaining Gabriel! That is SOOO ADORABLE! I bet he is entertained by her a lot! Makes me want to have another!!! :) haha okay maybe in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new holiday look! I also love the picture of Hannah where you can see her reflection in the glass! ;) Looks like you guys had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete