Friday, July 30, 2010

Hannah's First Gynmastics Lesson

About a year ago we took Hannah to a tumbling class at the Mannford elementary school. At 3 1/2 years old she just wasn't quite ready to be in such a big group - there were about 20 kids ranging from ages 4-12! However, she took away one thing from that class - she learned how to do a front roll. So ever since she has been practicing her front roll at the house and doing very well!

This past week I took her to a different gym that offers gymnastics classes by age. This time there were only 4 others in her class - all her age. It made me proud to see her sit with the class and participate and try everything that Miss Brooke asked her to do. This is a lot of progress for Hannah. I was able to get some pictures and videos of the class. However, I was not able to get very close and only had my phone to use as the camera and video camera. I hope that you are able to see it well enough. Ok, now for bragging on my princess :-)

Here she is on the way to the lesson....



The balance beam - going forward



The balance beam - going sideways and a big finish!






Here are a couple videos of Hannah learning the start of a cartwheel by placing her hands and feet on hand/footprints on a mat and then using a trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment